Best Pharmacy Colleges in India: Rankings 2017
The rankings for the top Pharmacy Colleges in India is published yearly by NIRF. These rankings are based on many parameters by including factors such as average salary of graduates, placement and higher education. Here, we have given details of the top 25 best Pharmacy Colleges in India, based on NIRF Rankings, 2017.
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) provides rankings for the best Pharmacy Colleges in India. Every year, the top Pharmacy Colleges are selected from the list of participating institutions. This year, NIRF Rankings 2018 is expected to be published in April 2018.
Top 5 Best Pharmacy Colleges in India: Ranks 1-5
As per the NIRF Rankings 2017, details of the top 5 best Pharmacy Colleges are given below.
1. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, holds first rank in overall ranking for the top Pharmacy Colleges in India. Moreover, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi was ranked first for Research and Professional Practice (RPC). This is based on the number of patents and publications among others. Median salary of placed graduates for Undergraduate (4 years) program was Rs. 375000. For Post Graduate (2 years) program, the median salary was Rs. 380000.
2. National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali, Punjab
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali was ranked second best Pharmacy College in India. Median salary for PG (2 years) was Rs. 4 lakhs.
3. University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh was ranked #3 for overall ranking for the best Pharmacy Colleges in India. Additionally, this same institute ranked first in two ranking parameters. These two parameters are Graduation Outcomes (GO) and Outreach and Inclusivity (OI). Ranking #1 in GO means having best placement, average salary and higher studies.
Also, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh came first in OI. This means being ranked better in inclusion of students, including economically, socially, or physically challenged candidates and those from other countries/ states. Additionally, median salary of placed graduates was 10.95 lakhs for UG (4 years). And, the same after PG (2 years) was 3.25 lakhs.
4. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra
According to NIRF Rankings 2017, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, reached rank #4 in top Pharmacy Colleges in India. Moreover, average salary of placed graduates after UG (4 years) was 3.5 lakhs. Also, the same after PG (2 years) was 5.05 lakhs.
5. National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad, Telangana
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad was ranked as the fifth best Pharmacy College in India. Moreover, this institute has reached first rank for the parameter- Teaching, Learning and Resources (TLR). This means ranking first in factors such as faculty- student ratio, number of doctoral students and faculty with PhD. In addition to this, average salary of placed graduates for PG (2 years) was 5 lakhs.
Check this table to find out the ranking score of top 5 best Pharmacy Colleges in India, as per NIRF Rankings,2017:
Top Pharmacy Colleges in India: Ranks 5-15
Check below to see the top Pharmacy Colleges in India- Ranks 5-15:
Rank Institution State
6. Birla Institute of Technology & Science –Pilani Rajasthan
7. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, Karnataka
8. Poona College of Pharmacy, Erandwane, Pune, Maharashtra
9. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
10. JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore, Karnataka
11. Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya-Sagar Madhya Pradesh
12. Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi Jharkhand
13. Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar Tamil Nadu
14. Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research Delhi
15. Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai Maharashtra
Check this video below, which compiles the Top Pharmacy Colleges in India, for the year 2017, based on the NIRF/MHRD Rankings 2017:
Best Pharmacy Colleges in India: Ranks 16-25
Now, find the list of best Pharmacy Colleges in India- Ranks 16-25:
Rank Institution State
16. Nirma University, Ahmedabad Gujarat
17. JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund Tamil Nadu
18. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh
19. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai Tamil Nadu
20. Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali Rajasthan
21. I.S. F. College of Pharmacy, Moga Punjab
22. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dibrugarh Assam
23. L. M. College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad Gujarat
24. Y. B. Chavan College of Pharmacy, Aurangabad Maharashtra
25. Integral University, Lucknow Uttar Pradesh
For more details, please check the official website for NIRF Rankings at www.nirfindia.org
Also, see Top Medical Colleges in India: Rankings 2017
Now take a minute to relax! And, check one of our NEET Jokes/ Riddles video:
Check for more NEET Jokes/ Riddles !
Visit often- check our website, www.myacademicguide.com, for important NEET updates, Study tips, NEET jokes, Scholarships information, and more.
Check this video about the top 10 test day tips for NEET:
First, check Top 10 Mistakes for NEET/ JEE by Toppers
And, Check NEET Percentile- NEET Qualifying Marks
Also, Check NEET Cut off Marks.
Read our great motivational message to all test takers: Together, In These Testing Times!- A Message To All Test Takers.
Do you know that your personality style will influence your learning style? Now Take our Free MAG Personality Test in 2-3 minutes!