NEET Reservation Criteria- Category wise for SC, ST, OBC and PH
NTA NEET Bulletin specifies NEET reservation, category wise for SC, ST, OBC and PH categories. MBBS/ BDS Admissions in India are done as per the NEET rank and the existing reservation policies. The reservation criteria for 15% All India Quota seats applies to all states, except Jammu and Kashmir, in India. However, the criteria for reservation of seats other 15% All India Quota (85% state seats) is different for different states. This applies to MBBS/ BDS admissions in State Quota seats, seats in State Medical Colleges, private Medical Colleges and AFMC. Now, let’s see more details about the NEET reservation criteria, category wise. And, this includes reservation for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes and Physically Handicapped candidates.
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2019 will be based solely on the candidate’s marks in the NEET (UG) Exam. CBSE is responsible for conducting the NEET Exam and for providing the All India Rank. However, the Admitting Authorities are responsible for conducting counseling for Medical/ Dental seats. For this, admitting authorities invite applications from candidates for counseling for MBBS/ BDS Admissions. Also, the admitting authorities will create the merit list for MBBS/ BDS Admissions. And, this is done by considering the candidate’s All India Rank and the existing reservation policy, category wise.
NEET Reservation, Category wise for 15% All India Quota seats
Given below are details about the NEET Reservation, category wise for 15% All India Quota seats for Medical/ Dental Admissions. Under the 15% All India Quota seats, 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates. Also, 7.5% All India Quota seats are reserved for ST and 27% for OBC ( non-creamy layer) candidates. Furthermore, 5% seat reservation is alloted for differently abled/ Physically handicapped (PH-1 and PH-2 Category) candidates.
Check this table below showing NEET Reservation, Category wise:
NEET reservation for seats other 15% All India Quota (85% state seats)
Now, let’s see the NEET reservation criteria, category wise for MBBS/ BDS seats other than 15% All India Quota seats. This means for the remaining 85% state seats for Medical and Dental admissions. And, this includes State Quota seats, seats in State Medical Colleges, private Medical Colleges and AFMC.
Reservation for Medical/ Dental Admission Under State Quota Seats
Again, there is Category wise reservation for Medical/ Dental Admission under State Quota Seats. And, this will be based on the eligibility criteria and reservation policy in the respective State or Union Territory. So, candidates are advised to contact the respective State counseling authority to check the eligibility and reservation criteria.
Reservation of MBBS/ BDS Seats in Medical Colleges
There will be reservation of MBBS/ BDS Seats in Medical Colleges for different categories. This includes reservation for SC, ST, OBC and PH categories. Also, the reservation of seats will depend on the applicable laws in the respective State/ Union Territory.
MBBS/BDS Admissions in Private Medical Colleges
Admissions to Medical/ Dental Courses in Private Colleges vary state wise. Additionally, it shall be based on the policies of the Government of India and the concerned State/ Union Territory.
Medical Admissions in AFMC, Pune
Medical Admissions in AFMC, Pune are done differently. It will depend on the norms of the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defense and Indian Government. Please note that candidates will have to check the requirements specified by AFMC. In addition to applying for NEET, candidates will have to apply to AFMC too. Moreover, candidates who are shortlisted will have to attend a a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. For further details, please check http://www.afmc.nic.in/
Also, for more details about NEET reservation, category wise, check the NEET information Bulletin at the NTA website at http://www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Also, New, NEET 2018 Cut off lower than 2017. Now, check NEET Cut off 2018, 2017 – Category wise marks for Unreserved, OBC, SC, ST
Now, check NEET Results 2018- Date & Important details.
Now, find latest NEET 2019 Notification/ NEET 2019 News & Updates.
And, now relax! Check if you can answer our NEET Joke/ Riddle!
When I look in your eyes!
And, Are you worried about NEET results? Read our great motivational message to all test takers: Together, In These Testing Times!- A Message To All Test Takers.
Also, do you know your personality style? Now Take our Free MAG Personality Test in 2-3 minutes!
Also, find Top Medical Colleges in India: Rankings 2017
Also, check this video about the top 10 test day tips for NEET:
Furthermore, see NEET Eligibility Criteria and NEET Qualifying Exam marks 2018